Our Pre-K program is designed to provide experiences that will enhance the development of the "whole" child - social, emotional, spiritual, physical, and cognitive.
Daily activities include time to:
- Develop communication skills
- Develop an understanding of whole numbers, know number names, count in sequence, understand simple patterns, identify shapes.
- Develop increasing awareness and understanding in the following areas of early literacy:
- Organization and basic features of print (follow left to right, recognize some upper and lower case letters.)
- Rhyming words, the relationship between letters and sounds.
- Recognize own name and some common signs/labels.
- Engage in dramatic play, creative art and music experiences
- Participate in group projects, discussions, games and musical activities
- Develop small and large muscle coordination
- Develop knowledge of math and science concepts
Many of the activities listed above will take place in the context of Bible story themes. Scripture memorization and prayer will also contribute to your child's spiritual growth.