Genesee Country Christian School is dedicated to excellence. This deep commitment to our students can most readily be seen in our graduates. In a recent survey, GCCS found that those students that completed our elementary program often continue their education on the high honor roll and some even skip a grade.
As a private school, GCCS is not required to participate in state testing, but as a means to measure our curriculum and gauge student achievement, our students annually take part in the Terra Nova Achievement Testing.
Expected Student Outcomes
Based on the core values, mission statement, and vision of the Genesee Country Christian School we, by God’s power and grace, endeavor to produce graduates who:
- are well prepared in core academic areas and are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking
- are proficient in mathematics and science
- have basic knowledge of people, events, and movement in U.S. and world history, and an appreciation of other cultures, peoples, and places
- are developing an appreciation for literature and the arts and their gifts and talents in these areas
- know how to use resources including technology to find, analyze, and evaluate information
- are developing a love of learning that will last beyond their school years
- through instruction in God’s Word and by the leading of the Holy Spirit, understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- are developing an awareness of their responsibility and role in carrying out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20)
- are developing Christ-like characters resulting in lives of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness, and love
- recognize their bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit and treat them accordingly
- are actively involved in a church community and learning to serve others at church and in the world
- have an appreciation for the natural environment and practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation and all other resources He has given --- time, talents, finances, etc.